Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Got Tivo'd!

I heard from a friend this week that one of her friends saw me on television and Tivo'd my presentation. Me? Tivo'd?!

I've done radio interviews a number of times in Los Angeles, but this is my first television appearance here, and I didn't even know about it. In fact, it was only when she told me what I was talking about that I remembered, oh yes, there WAS a video camera going that day. I was speaking to the Culinary Historians of Southern California on the (incomplete) history of Irish food. It as a blast, sharing what I know and am passionate about--and fielding questions for a good half hour after I'd finished. I just figured the videotaping was for archival purposes. It never occurred to me that someone beyond the auditorium at the Los Angeles Library would ever see this.

It's admittedly strange to hear that I've been Tivo'd, an activity I only connect with Jon Stewart or 30 Rock. But these days, I suppose everyone is fair game.

Don't worry, I won't get a big head and start charging for my autograph. Or WILL I...? I don't accept checks, so please bring cash or livestock to any signings.

Okay, you twisted my arm: If you're awake at 2 a.m. with a toothache and would like to see my presentation, just click on "The Incomplete History of Irish Cookery."

There, that should be enough self promotion for one day.

No comments: